What is the focus of your climate surveys?
Race/ethnic dynamics within Christian organizations (churches, colleges, ministries).
How much does it cost?
Typically $1100-$3000 depending on the size and needs of the organization. Please contact us to schedule a web conference where we can walk you through the survey, explain the options, and provide a quote.
How long does the survey take to complete?
About 15 minutes
How can an organization-wide, climate survey help?
No one knows your organization better than your staff and members. Our survey allows you to quickly and easily gather their input, analyze the data, and determine action steps. It helps you to answer important questions like:
- How are we doing with our efforts?
- Where are our strengths and weaknesses?
- Who is having positive and negative experiences?
- Why, where, how should we make changes?
- Which programs should we add, keep, or drop?
- Are we making progress? How quickly?
Services and Deliverables
The following is a general description of what is available with our surveys. Some of the items require an additional fee. Please contact us for details, cost, availability, and examples for specific items.
- Personalized help: Designing, collecting, analyzing, and acting on climate data is a complex process! We’re here to provide help every step of the way through e-mail, phone appointments, and web conferences.
- Quick and easy: We can have your survey up and running in just a few days. You’ll just have to figure out another way to spend the few months it would have taken to design a survey from scratch.
- Expert designed: Our survey and reports were designed with the input of leading experts and the Barna Group, one of the nation’s leading Christian research organizations.
- Experience working with Christian organizations: We’ve enjoyed working with thousands of leaders in Christian organizations across the U.S. And, we’re glad that they’ve enjoyed working with us.
- Custom designed: There’s no cookie cutters in our kitchen! We work with you to design a customized survey, data collection, and analysis plan that is a good fit for your needs and budget.
- Comparative data: Wouldn’t it be helpful to know how your data compares to similar organizations? We provide a variety of ways to do so. Please confirm with us that comparative data is available for your type of organization.
- Price increase guarantee: It is very helpful to repeat climate surveys every few years to measure progress over time. But, what if increased the price way up? No way! You may purchase the same survey from us within three years for no more than the current price plus 5% per year from the start date of the previous survey.
Collecting your data
- Variety of collection options: We will help you collect data by any combination of methods that works best for you (web links, email invitations, etc.).
- Web links: We provide you with a unique web link (URL) that you can distribute within your organization through e-mails, announcements, signs, or dancing bears (use with caution).
- E-mail invitations: We’ll help you design e-mail invitations for various groups in your organization (e.g. students, staff, faculty) and then send the e-mails, track who has responded, and follow up with reminders at a schedule you determine (so you don’t have to go knock on everyone’s door).
- Track responses in real-time: That way you can make the groups with low response rates feel really, really bad about it. Just kidding. Actually, its a great idea to track your response rates to make sure your data reflects strong representation from all groups in your organization. If not, you can look for ways to especially encourage/target the groups with low responses. We can help you with those efforts.
Using your data
- Expert designed reports: Collecting data is lots of fun, and all, but it doesn’t do us much good if we can’t make any sense out of it. We provide a wide variety of reports to help you understand and apply your results:
- Comparison Report: Enables you to quickly view the results of your survey and compare it to the aggregate data (when available).
- Scorecard Report: Most leaders want to know, “How well are we doing?” This report provides a simple and yet extremely powerful way to quickly interpret and analyze your data.
- Action Steps Report: We analyze your responses and provide a summary of key observations and recommended action steps.
- Your raw data is yours: Unlike many climate surveys, we provide you with a copy of all of the data you collect as either a CSV file or as an SPSS file. We won’t keep your data hostage!
- Analysis by the Barna Group: Our partner, the Barna Group, can provide customized statistical analysis of your data based on their extensive research experience. Their services are especially helpful if you would like to do advanced statistical analysis and correlations with your data.
- Presentation with your leadership: We can present your results to the leadership of your organization, answer questions, and provide recommendations for next steps. Meetings can take place through an online conference or an on-site visit.
- Certification Trainings: Customized, interactive, on-site training programs focused on biblical principles, foundational concepts, and the goals and needs of your organization.
- E-learning: Engaging, scenario-based training designed with leading experts. Includes 60+ videos by experts/peers. Great for individual, group, or organization-wide training.
Is our data safe? How would it be used? Is it kept confidential?
Yes, we very careful to protect your data. We may use the climate data we collect as a part of publicly-available reports and resources (to help the Body of Christ), but only if the data is a combination of at least five organizations and the names of the organizations are not included.
What types of information do you collect?
Here are some examples of what we collect and the approximate number of questions in parenthesis. Please contact us for a walk through of the content in the survey.
- Individual information (~20): Role in the organization, age, gender, involvement, ethnicity(s), nationality(s), language(s), religion, etc.
- Personal perspectives (~10): Is it best to ignore a person’s race/ethnicity? Is racism still an issue?
- Organization Dynamics (~25): Does racial/ethnic tension exist? Are people of color put at a social disadvantage?
- Organization Efforts (~20): Are the existing efforts effective? What types of activities and programs do you think are most effective?
- Personal participation with organization race/ethnic diversity efforts (~10): How often do you participate? What are some things that hinder you from being involved? What are some things that motivate you to be involved?
Are other similar tools available?
There are some climate surveys which include questions on race/ethnicity (ex. NSSE) but very few, if any, facilitate climate surveys that are exclusively focused on race/ethnicity. And, there are tools that are designed to help individuals assess their personal level of cross-cultural knowledge, skill, and engagement like our free self-inventory or the Intercultural Diversity Inventory (IDI). But, our tool is unique because it is organization-wide and focused on measuring race/ethnic climate from a biblical perspective.
Which organizations are included in your comparative data?
Please see the list below. We added the comparative data component to our climate survey in the fall of 2016. Therefore, organizations which used the survey before that time, are not included in the comparative data.
What are some organizations that have used (or are planning to use) your surveys?
*Our comparative data may include responses from these organizations
Abilene Christian University*
Cincinnati Christian University
Fresno Pacific University
Kentwood Community Church
Moody Bible Institute
North Central University*
North Park University*
Ozark Christian College
Seattle Pacific University
Southern Nazarene University*
The Kings College
Comments by leaders
“Our experience working with ReNew Partnerships was top notch. Their Diversity Survey is an excellent tool for Christian colleges that are seeking to foster cultural diversity on their campuses. I highly recommend their services.”
– David Leedy, The King’s College
“ReNew Partnerships provided our university with an affordable, customized way to assess matters of diversity. Their staff provided excellent customer service and technical support throughout the process.”
– Karen Crozier, Fresno Pacific University
“ReNew Partnerships’ Ethnic Diversity Survey has been a great help on our campus. Their simple and efficient online system gathered the needed data from a sizable percentage of students, faculty, and staff in a short period of time. The survey questions provided substantial data on what our faculty, staff and students think about ethnic diversity on our campus. ReNew’s online reporting system allows us to quickly and easily examine the data and disaggregate it by various groups on our campus. This has been invaluable for our leadership as we seek to grow in this area. I highly recommend this tool.”
– Stephen Brasel, Moody Bible Institute