Engaging, scenario-based training designed with leading experts. Includes 60+ videos by experts/peers. Great for individual, group, or organization-wide training.
Why did you create this resource?
We have enjoyed providing multi-ethnic training programs and resources for a wide variety of organizations since 2006. Through those experiences, we observed how difficult it can be to provide high quality, affordable, effective training for a large group of individuals with diverse schedules and training needs. We learned that scenario-based e-learning is an effective training method that is used by many corporations facing similar challenges. We then spent five years developing e-learning sessions with the input of many of the nation’s leading multi-ethnic experts. Since that time, we have received very positive feedback from the several thousand individuals across the U.S. who have used the sessions (see below).
What are the benefits?
“Art addresses us in the fullness of our being–simultaneously speaking to our intellect, emotions, intuition, imagination, memory, and physical senses. There are some truths about life that can be expressed only as stories or songs or images.” – Dana Gioia
- Biblical: Understanding and applying biblical principles is a central focus of our sessions.
- Story based: In each session, the trainee becomes the main character of a carefully designed story. Trainees learn about key concepts as they navigate through complex, typical challenges. They scenario-based format makes the content more engaging and easy to apply.
- Videos by experts and peers: The sessions contain between 60-140 short videos by experts and peers where they share their stories and expertise.
- Learning styles: The sessions include a wide variety of ways to engage with the content including media, pictures, audio, stories, community chat, handouts, etc. Therefore, they are effective for trainees with a wide variety of learning styles.
- Wide application: They are excellent tools for personal development, small groups, or training entire organizations.
- Expert-designed: The content is based on the input of leading experts and our experience working with leaders and organizations across the U.S.
- Efficient: We spent hundreds of hours designing each session, but they only take 2-3 hours to complete. Our goal is to provide the maximum training impact in the least amount of time.
- Affordable: Our sessions allow leaders to provide training for everyone in their organization for much less than it would typically cost to hire an outside speaker or send a few of their members to a conference.
- Discussion starters: The sessions are most effective when they are combined with small group discussions. We include a variety of tools to help leaders use the sessions as small group discussion starters.
- Accessible: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week availability
- Safe space: Trainees can learn at a location that they choose and don’t have to worry about “giving the wrong answer” or “saying something dumb”.
- Transferable: Everyone in the organization can benefit from the same training content.
- Measurable: Leaders can track the progress and completion of everyone who participants.
- Feedback: We request feedback from all participants and share what we receive with the leadership.
How much does it cost?
- Per-individual ($40): Allows one person unlimited access to a session for one year. Individual licenses cannot be shared.
- Per-organization ($3000): Allows an unlimited number of individuals at one physical location (ex. campus, church, ministry headquarters) to access a session as many times as they like for one year.
- Please contact us for a quote for multiple-location organization licenses.
Where can I learn about and purchase sessions?
Please visit the e-learning section of our online store.
Can I see what the sessions are like?
If you contact us, we will also be glad to send you a trial license that will allow you to take the sessions for a test drive. Or, one of our staff can walk you through a live demo.
How do you recommend using the sessions?
Click here for recommendations and examples of how the sessions can be used.
Can you give an example?
“Calvin College included the OneCampus E-Learning as one of several cultural awareness building tools for the 2013-2014 academic year. Of all our offerings, this training has had our highest level of participation. The E-learning has been used for class assignments, for faculty professional development, and for staff professional development. While primarily aimed at a student population, faculty and staff have found the training very helpful. So much so that just last week our vice president of student life sent a personal email to everyone in her division encouraging them to complete the e-learning. Many students have especially appreciated the biblical context of the E-learning. I would highly recommend this training. It is not only cost effective, but it is also a valuable tool for starting (and energizing) needed conversations about diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation.”
– Dr. Michelle Loyd-Paige, Executive Associate to the President for Diversity and Inclusion, Dean for Multicultural Affairs at Calvin College
How many people have used the sessions?
Several thousand individuals have used the sessions so far. We typically receive very positive feedback from participants. See below for a few examples and click here for more comments.
“The ‘Choose Your Own Adventure’ style of learning makes the sessions fun and engaging.”
“I have participated in a number of required faculty development online modules. This was by far the most engaging, relevant, and useful.”
“It was a joy to spend time on this since it is so practical.”
“The use of scripture in this training and the emphasis on prayer is superb.”
“I really like this approach. It really makes me think.”
“Many real life scenarios really grabbed the heart because I could see it and feel it happening to me. Could definitely relate to the situations.”
“The content is top rate and it is presented in an attractive manner.”
“The handouts are immensely helpful. It is nice to be able to have these on-hand as different issues come up that I need to work through. The coaching videos did well to accentuate the different scenarios presented and gave clarity to the situations.”
“I found this e-learning session very helpful and useable. The strengths of the session: the additional handouts, the biblical perspective, the coaching videos, and the overall scenarios.”
From a professor using the session as a supplemental resource for her class… “almost all the students in the class identified the session as very helpful. Even the ones who were not eager to take the class in the first place. Thank you for helping to create such a useful and helpful tool.”