Part 4 of 5 – Interview with Dr. Soong-Chan Rah
In this part Dr. Rah shares…
- books that can help Christian leaders to learn about other cultural perspectives
- suggestions for how we can reach out to other ethnic groups with a “I’ll go to you” mindset rather than a “Come to me” mindset.
Here are some books that Dr. Rah recommends:
- Things Fall Apart, Chinua Achebe
- No Longer at Ease, Chinua Achebe
- Slave Religion, Albert Robiteau
- African American Church History, Lincoln and Mamiya
- The Soul of Black Folk, W.E.B. DuBois
- Let Justice Roll Down, John Perkins
- Native Speaker, Chang Rae Lee
- Yellow, Frank Wu
- Trail of Tears, Frank Ehle
- One Church, Many Tribes, Richard Twiss
- Beloved Community, Charles Marsh
- Orientalism, Edward Said
- Is it freezing while playing? Click the pause button (bottom left corner), wait until the light red bar gets at least half way across then press play.
- Want to show this video to your church, small group, etc.? You are welcome to show this video in its unedited form as long as it is not used for commercial purposes.
A brief summary
ReNew staff members Michaela Gregory and Chad Brennan interview Dr. Soong-Chan Rah regarding his new book The Next Evangelicalism which was released in April 2009. For more information about the book and to read an excerpt visit: http://renewpartnerships.org/books/next-rah Total length of the interview is 40 minutes.
Copyright 2009 ReNew Partnerships. All rights reserved.